Wed, 29 June|
Hinchinbrook Shire Library
School Holiday Space Camp
Ever wanted to learn about the deep, dark mysteries of outer space? Come along to this interactive space program, create your own space shuttle and land an egg!
Time & Location
29 June 2022, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Hinchinbrook Shire Library, 73-75 Mcilwraith St, Ingham QLD 4850, Australia
About the event
- Space and Planet Exploration - Students will explore space and planets through virtual reality;
- Space 101 - Students will learn about the basics of physics including force, reaction force and thrust;
- Shuttle - Students will learn about gravity and will build a shuttle to safely land an egg;
- Beta Testing - Students will learn about the importance of Beta testing and make adjustments as necessary;
- Mission Scenarios - Students will work together in groups to overcome challenges and solve problems that happen in space; and
- Dock the Ship - Students will learn about the sequence of a ship docking to a station and in teams will replicate this using materials.
Spaces are limited. RSVP's essential.
Presented by the Australian School of Entrepreneurship.